Adrian Timms is founder and owner of ATimms Consulting, LLC, providing innovation and technical consulting services, primarily to the confectionery and food industries. He is also co-founder of TechInfusers, LLC, a diverse team of consultants who provide innovation and research partnering services across a spectrum of industries and academia.
Adrian brings a uniquely holistic perspective of consumer products innovation, leveraging decades of hands-on R&D and marketing-based experience doing, leading, designing and facilitating innovation in the confectionery industry, in North America and internationally.
- Multiple roles at The Hershey Company, Cadbury Schweppes, and more recently Senior Director at Chew LLC, a product development lab start-up. Food science, food marketing, process engineering, technical and business strategy.
- Confectionery and food R&D. Hands-on, end-to-end along the development process: from research (proprietary platform technology enabling $100M+ products) through product development and commercial start-up ($40m+ chocolate and confection products), as well as development of next generation manufacturing processes.
- Innovation processes. Designed and led innovation project and portfolio processes ($500M pipeline value). Initiated open innovation and innovation alliances ($200M value). Led and facilitated technology roadmap, R&D best practices and linkage of university-industry research. Integrated R&D of M&A (total of $700M). Organizational change management lead for multiple $M enterprise software projects.
- Strategy. Connecting the technical and consumer business sides for innovation with strategic market impact. Includes technology strategy for annual $23M R&D program, market entry strategy for $100M value new business venture, facilitation of $500M three-year new product pipeline.
- Leadership. Industry-recognized ability to build and work through multi-functional teams at executive and project levels across departmental and inter-company boundaries. Trained facilitator of creative processes generating new products ($30M value) and industry strategic programs. Peer-recognized for “out-of-the-box” thinking.